Code of Conduct
Taylor Community Library Code of Conduct
The Taylor Community Library reserves the right to establish and implement policies and procedures as needed, including, but not limited to:
- User registration.
- Scheduling and regulating use of audio, video, and computer equipment.
- Scheduling and collecting fees for materials.
- Regulating usage of any Library property and materials, including without limitation, specialized equipment and/or services provided by the Library and made available to the public.
Prohibited behavior shall include:
- Abusing or vandalizing library materials, furniture, equipment or displays.
- Verbal, physical, sexual abuse or harassment of others, including possession or use of firearms or other weapons except as authorized by law.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, anywhere in the library building or within posted distance of entrances.
- Possession or use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs.
- Consuming food or beverages, except in the Laptop Lounge.
- Appearing in the library without a shirt or shoes (exceptions may be made for infants).
- Loitering, sleeping, soliciting, campaigning or petitioning.
- Interference with other library patrons, or annoying others with offensive or overly noisy behavior, including inappropriate use of cellular phones in any area of the library except the front lobby and the Laptop Lounge.
- Interfering with staff or patron's use of facilities through poor personal hygiene, or the excessive use of personal hygiene products.
- Theft of library materials, equipment or displays.
- Being accompanied by pets or animals other than service dogs, unless part of a library-sponsored program.
- Using recreational equipment such as roller blades, skateboards or bicycles in the library building.
- Engaging in any violation of local, state or federal law on the library premises.
- Revised and adopted by the Taylor Library Commission--October 2002
- Revised and adopted by the Taylor Library Commission March 14, 2011 (language re weapons)
- Revised and adopted by the Taylor Library Commission June 10, 2013 (electronic cigarettes)