DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS ANNOUNCEMENTS INCLUDE CITYWIDE RUMMAGE SALE; TIRE DISPOSAL DAY; ROAD PROJECTS; AND ANIMAL SHELTER TOPICS
Citywide Rummage Sale
The 2014 citywide rummage sale is May 16-23. No permit is required to hold your sale this week only. Any unwanted items after the rummage sale can be disposed of at the Taylor Hills Transfer Station/Compost Site, 16300 Racho Road, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents will be required to use any available dump passes or pay the cost to dispose of any unwanted items. No commercial dumping is permitted. No explosive, autos and auto parts, boats, concrete, hazardous waste, compost materials, tree branches or tires will be accepted.
Free Tire Disposal Day
In partnership with Wayne County, the City of Taylor will participate in the Wayne County CLEAN (County Lending Environmental Assistance to Neighborhoods) Community Scrap Tire Collection event. The event will be held Saturday, June 7 at the Taylor Hills Transfer Station/Compost Site, 16300 Racho Road, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tires will only be collected from City of Taylor residents with valid identification. No tires from commercial sources will be accepted. Each vehicle bringing tires will be limited to seven tires each.
Spring Road Projects
• Asphalt Road Improvements: Resurfacing East and Wide side of Beech Daly, Eureka to Pennsylvania
• Water Main Replacement: John Daly between Van Born and Beverly
Please make sure you have your pet licensed for the 2014 calendar year. All licenses can be purchased at the Taylor Animal Shelter located at 25555 Northline Road and are valid for one year. Annual Pet Adoption Day is Saturday May 10, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be hosted by the Taylor Animal Shelter and Taylor Veterinary Clinic with Dr. Mary Jutte. For questions regarding the Animal Shelter call (734) 287-6550.
The City of Taylor Department of Public Works efforts have been streamlined for your convenience. Most services can now be resolved through the Customer Assistance Center – (734) 287-6550 – at City Hall with the following exceptions:
• Dump passes are now claimed electronically at the Taylor Compost Station, 16300 Racho Road. Valid identification will still be required however, no more having to deal with tracking down those pesky vouchers. Simply stop in at the Compost Station when you are ready to dump and the gate attendant will assist you from there. Residents are still provided with two free dumps (up to 500 pounds each). Be aware if what you are dumping is over 500 pounds on your first visit both passes will have to be used. Anything over 1,000 pounds will require both passes plus the cost of any overage.
• Rat poison is now available at the Taylor Animal Shelter, 25555 Northline Road (next to the DPW). Valid identification is required.
• Lawn bags and trash bags can be purchased directly from the Cashier at City Hall.
• Water bills can be paid in person directly to the Cashier at City Hall, placed in the drop box on Pine Street at City Hall or mailed to P.O. Box 298. If paying in person please bring your water bill with you to serve as your paid receipt as copies of water bills will not be provided by the cashier. Paper receipts are provided in the event you do not have your copy with you.