TAYLOR SUMMER FESTIVAL BEGINS THURSDAY WITH CARNIVAL, MOONWALKS, PETTING FARM AND MORE
The Taylor Summer Festival begins this week.
Thursday, June 26:
- Carnival opens at 4 p.m. and runs until 11 (Elliott’s Amusements Carnival will be located in the parking lot in front of the Sheridan Center, along Pardee Road).
- Motor City Moonwalks open at 4 p.m. and run until 11 near the north end of the Petting Farm.
- Petting Farm is open from 4 p.m. until 11. Admission will be from the north end only.
- Beer Garden (northeast of Sheridan Center) will be open with DJ.
- Vendor booths will be open (directly behind the Sheridan Center)
- No other entertainment is scheduled June 26.
Friday, June 27:
- Carnival, Motor City Moonwalks and Petting Farm run from noon until 11 p.m.
- Beer garden will be open from noon until 11 p.m.
- Vendor booths open noon to 11 p.m.
- Concert in Sheridan Center includes The Rock Show (Journey Tribute Band) and Satisfaction (Rolling Stones Tribute Band). Gates open at 6 p.m. The Rock Show plays at 7 and Satisfaction plays at 9. Tickets ONLY at the door for $5.
Saturday, June 28:
- Carnival, Motor City Moonwalks and Petting Farm run from noon until 11 p.m. Flutterby Faces' Face Painting will be featuring "Fourth of July"-themed face painting for $8 per face at the Petting Farm!
- Beer garden open noon until 11 p.m.
- Vendor booths open noon until 11 p.m.
- Concert in Sheridan Center includes County Star Phil Vassar, Ty Stone and Joe Jaber and the Last Divide. Gates open at 5 p.m. Concerts begin at 6 p.m. Advance $10 and at-the-door $15 through www.etix.com and by phone at (800) 514-3849 beginning on May 16.
- FREE Masco Taylor Summer Festival Fireworks Display at approximately 10 p.m.
Sunday, June 29:
- Carnival and Motor City Moonwalks run from 1 p.m.. until close.
- Beer garden with DJ 1 p.m. until close.
- Vendor booths open 1 p.m. until close.
- June 29 is also fireworks show rain date.
PARKING: Vehicle parking will be available both inside and outside of Heritage Park for $5. Official festival parking will be located at the southern end of the park (Northline Road entrance); First Albanian "Teqe Bektashiane" field (Northline Road and Racho, just outside the south entrance); and at the Wayne County Community College-Taylor Campus (outside the eastern most end of the park). Other private paid parking will be available in the surrounding areas.
STREET PARKING RESTRICTIONS: The Taylor Police Department strongly recommends that if you are driving to the festival, that you use one of the parking lots inside or just outside Heritage Park and that you DO NOT park on adjacent streets.
One-side parking will be posted on the following city streets during the festival:
Violators will be ticketed and towed.
In addition, Pardee Road will be CLOSED between Northline and Goddard at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 28 (fireworks night). All side streets feeding Pardee in that location will also be closed. Only residential traffic will be allowed, and you will have to provide ID to go through the barricades.
After the fireworks display, Taylor Police will be exiting traffic north and south along Pardee and east and west along Goddard Road and Northline Road. All of those streets will be limited to OUTBOUND TRAFFIC only during that limited time frame (likely 11 p.m.-midnight). Residents returning home from other places should plan to work around that exiting traffic period.
TICKETS, BEER, BEVERAGE AND FOOD SALES: Tickets are required for all carnival rides. Only ticket holders will receive admission into the concerts in the Sheridan Center. Food vendors will be located in strategic positions in the park. Beer vendors will also be strategically located and proof of age will be required to enter those areas. Those attending the festival will not be able to bring in their own beer and/or coolers. Glass bottles will be strictly prohibited in Heritage Park and will be confiscated by police.
DEVELOPING INFORMATION: Check for updates on the Taylor Summer Festival on our Websites (www.cityoftaylor.com and www.taylorfestival.com) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/taylorsummerfestival).
The Taylor Summer Festival is presented by the City of Taylor, Meridian Entertainment Group and CBS Radio, which includes 99.5 WYCD Detroit’s Country and 104.3 WOMC Detroit’s Greatest Hits. Joining Masco as a sponsor of the Taylor Summer Festival are Michigan CAT, The News-Herald Newspapers, Taylor Ford, Fritz Enterprises, Area Towing, Wm. Molnar Roofing Inc., Eastown Distributors, Taylor Chevrolet, McKinley Properties, Vibra Hospitals of Southeastern Michigan, Shwedel Dental, DTE Energy, MI Custom Signs, Trinity Transportation and Vicar’s Trailer Rentals.