Celebrate Michigan Hockey Day February 16 at the Taylor Sportsplex
The Taylor Sportsplex will be a key site for Michigan Hockey Day, set for Saturday, February 16.
The day’s activities include:
- A high school hockey game featuring the Taylor Unified varsity team vs. New Boston Huron. Game time is 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 each, but all kids wearing a hockey jersey will be admitted free. The game is Senior Night, where all 12th-grade hockey players on the Taylor team will be recognized. There will be a shoot-out in the first admission featuring the Tot Hockey and I-Program kids. And, if you buy a ticket to get into the high school game, the same ticket will provide free admittance to the public skate that follows the game from 9 to 10:20 p.m. (Skate rental is not included.)
- Special public skating sessions, set for 7 to 8:50 p.m. and 9 to 10:20 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for youth. Skate rental is available for $2. Admission is free with every paid admission to the high school game. The late skating session will feature members of the Taylor Unified hockey team.
- Adult drop-in hockey, which takes place from 9 to 10:20 p.m. Saturdays. The cost is $8 per player.
- The second annual Zamboni Sale. No, the Sportsplex isn’t selling Zambonis, but every time a Zamboni is resurfacing the ice, everything in the pro shop becomes 40 percent off.
- Bubble hockey. If you love the game of hockey, you love bubble hockey. The TSX will have more than seven bubble hockey machines around the area – all of them set on free play.
- Mini-stick game. A giant inflatable ice rink will be the site for the ultimate mini-hockey stick game. Bring your own sticks or check out the pro shop for your favorite team’s stick.
For more information on Michigan Hockey Day at the Taylor Sportsplex, call TSX Hockey Director A.J. Walczak at (734) 374-5942 or e-mail him at email@example.com.