Keeping kids safe
When preparing for the holidays, it’s important to keep an extra eye on your children. Remember to:
- If possible, leave small children at home with a trusted babysitter when shopping.
- Teach your children to go to a clerk and ask for help if they are lost from you.
- Teach them to stay with you at all time when shopping.
- Tell them to avoid strangers and to inform you immediately if someone is bothering them or making them uncomfortable.
- Never let your kids make trips to the restroom without an adult.
- Children should never go to a car alone and should never be left in a car alone.
- It only takes a second for a thief to steal your car with your child in it.
- Teach children their name, address, and phone number to give to police or mall security.