Burglar and Fire Alarm Ordinance
The City of Taylor has an alarm ordinance #19-29.5, that restricts the use of alarm systems and the number of false alarms a homeowner or business can have.
- A building permit is required prior to any alarm installation.
- Automatic telephone dialing systems that directly call the Police Department are prohibited.
- Audible alarms must have an automatic shut-off system to silence the horn or buzzer after 10 minutes.
- Systems that signal more than two (2) “at-fault” false alarms in any consecutive 12-month period are considered abusive of public safety personnel and will be subject to fees.
- There will be no charge for the first three (3) calls in any 12-month period and $75.00 for each call after that.