Fall Festival of the Arts debuts Oct. 2-3 at Taylor’s Heritage Park
A festival combining the City of Taylor’s Fall Festival and Art in the Park Festival will debut Saturday and Sunday, October 2 and 3, at Heritage Park.
The new Taylor Fall Festival of the Arts will draw crowds from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
On Saturday and Sunday, artists will sell their goods on the pathway of the historic village surrounding Heritage Park’s Coan Lake. Professional artwork will be sold in the Pavilion Art Exhibit inside the Heritage Park Activity Building. Each exhibit artist will receive a personal invitation from Leo and Sue Kuschel, members of the City of Taylor Cultural Arts Commission.
Also featured on Saturday, October 2:
- Free pumpkin decorating (while supplies last)
- Free hayrides
- Caramel apple making for $1
- Cider and doughnut combo for $1
- Hot dog, chips and pop combo for $3
- Ride-all-day interactive inflatable attractions for $5
- DJ playing kids’ favorite songs with karaoke
Also featured on Sunday, October 3:
- Chili cook-off between local restaurants, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Children’s baking competition (ages 8-14), 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Children’s talent competition (ages 8-16), Noon to 4 p.m.
- Bill the Balloon Man
- Local entertainment
There is a $3 registration fee for children interested in participating in the baking and talent competitions on October 3. Registration is open now through September 24 at the Department of Golf, Parks and Recreation Office at 22805 Goddard Road.
For more information on the chili cook-off, contact Eric Quine at (734) 374-4027.
For art vendor information, contact Lora Dillingham at (734) 374-4033.