The Sell/Schonsheck house was built by George W. Sell in 1909 and was later occupied by his daughter Louella and her husband Walter Schonsheck. Both families were Taylor pioneers, farmed the surrounding land and took their produce to Detroit’s Eastern Market. The remaining land was used for timber. The home is situated at its original site. The surrounding 40 acres is now Heritage Park. The bell on top of the house was used to signal the end of the workday and emergencies. The City of Taylor purchased the property in 1984 with the help of a Michigan Equity Fund Grant. The renovation of the exterior of the house was paid for with the help of a Community Development Block Grant. As of February 3, 2007, the building houses one of the Heritage Park shoppes, Rosecrans Picture Perfect Photography.
Studio hours are:
12405 Pardee Road