Township Hall

The original Township Hall was built in 1855 for less than 300 dollars. The building was destroyed by fire
in 1863, and repaired the following year. It served as the Township Hall and sometimes a schoolhouse until 1887 when a new Township Hall was built on Goddard Road, at a cost of four hundred fifty-seven dollars. In 1959, the city leaders considered moving the building to another site for preservation as a historic monument.

Nearby the Township Hall is one of the beautiful flower plantings in the Park. The Taylor Garden Club maintains and created several old-fashioned flower gardens throughout Heritage Park.

In 1991, the Taylor School District’s Building Trades class built this near replica.