|The Hand Station once stood near Ecorse and Telegraph roads. The small station was built in 1876 after the Wabash Railroad brought a railroad line through Taylor Township. George E. Hand sold the right-of-way through his land for $250. The farmers and residents were excited to have the railroad come to this area, recognizing it as a means to get their crops to further markets. The area where the station was situated became known as Hand Corners, the hub of the budding township. Residents used Hand Corners as their mailing address, as mail was delivered by train and dropped off at the station. In the early 1960s, the Hand Train Station was destroyed by fire. The Taylor School Building and Trades class built this near replica station in 1991.