The City of Taylor officially distributes bid documents through the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network (MITN-Bidnet). Copies of bid documents obtained from any other source are not considered official copies. Only those vendors who obtain bid documents from either the Purchasing Division or the MITN-Bidnet System are guaranteed access to receive addendum information, if such information is issued.
A listing of our bid opportunities is available on-line through MITN-Bidnet. Documents that are still open require registration in order to gain access to more detailed information. Closed documents and award information are available to non-registered users. Bidnet vendor support contact information is 800-835-4603 option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MITN-Bidnet is a centralized web based system that provides a single point of contact and broader access to new business opportunities throughout our region. The system provides the following benefits:
- 24-hour access to business opportunities
- Instant electronic notification and document delivery
- Notification based upon the vendor’s designated product or service
- Vendor-managed system registration
- Bid tabulations
- Increased competition and exposure to bids and quotes
- Electronic Bid Submission (Electronic Bid Submission FAQ How To Guide)
All bid openings are open to the public. Bids are opened immediately after the stated deadline but are subject to postponement as outlined in the invitation to bid.