The William Ford Senior Activities Center (6750 Troy) will reopen to the public on Monday, October 5. The senior will be open Mondays through Fridays, from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-3:30 p.m. The center will be cleared for cleaning midday.
If you or any member of your party are ill, or have any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, do not come to the senior center. All persons entering our facility should perform a self-health assessment before entering. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath we ask that you do not enter.
This will be the beginning of a “phased” reopening, with only scheduled classes and the exercise room open by appointment only. Appointments must be made 48 hours in advance through the main telephone number at the center (313-291-7740) and capacity, face mask and social distancing measures will be in place for the safety of visitors and staff.
Current policies will be an adjustment for visitors, but they will be strictly enforced for the everyone’s safety:
- Front doors are the only entry/exit point
- Sign in is required per visit
- Face masks are required at all times
- Sanitizing stations will be located throughout the facility
- Please social distance at least 6 feet apart
- Bring your own water or coffee – no cart service will be available
- Billiards, shuffle board, puzzle room and card games are not permitted
- Kitchen service is not available
- No plastic bag collection will be available
- Bottle caps and batteries can be dropped off at the designated collection point
- Buses are available for grocery and doctor’s visits – space is limited
- Dial-a-ride will return for classes only
- No birthday parties or monthly gatherings
- Line dancing continues at the Sheridan Center in Heritage Park
- No field trips are planned through the end of 2020.
All of these policies are subject to change at any time.
Class registration will begin on October 5 and classes will begin on October 12. Class sizes will be limited, and registration will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. All payments will be by cash or check, and cash payments must have exact change,
(To registration for the JD Fitness classes or Tai Chi, you must sign up with them directly.)
These changes are being implemented to comply with CDC Contact Tracing measures. If you have specific questions or concerns, please speak to the supervisor on duty.